When the question comes to how often you should wash your hair, an expert dermatologist suggests that it depends on your hair type, lifestyle, and other factors. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of answer to it. Like there are different hair products available in the market for different types of hair; likewise your hair type is the main factor that can guide your shampooing habits. Professional hair stylists can also give you the advice on hair wash frequency.
The frequency of washing your hair in a week depends on your hair type.
- Oily Hair: If you have oily hair, wash them daily to prevent dirt buildup.
- Dry/Damaged Hair: If you have dry and damaged hair, wash them after every five days. It will allow you to retain the natural oils and prevent dryness.
- Fine/Thin Hair: If you have fine or thin hair, wash them every third day to give enough moisture to your hair.
- Wavy/Curly Hair: If you have wavy or curly hair, wash them every 4-5 days. However, it again depends on the density of your hair.
- Coiled Hair: If you have coiled hair, wash them once a week for optimal hair growth and to avoid dandruff.
Make sure that you shampoo less often as you age. It is because the oil produced by your scalp reduces as you get older.
Factors Affecting the Frequency of Hair Wash
- Oil: One of the factors on which the frequency of your hair wash depends is the oil on your scalp. Ensure to wash your hair every day if you have super oily hair. However, if you have dry and rough hair, ensure to wash them less often.
- Sweat: All those living a humid climate must consider washing their hair as frequently as possible. The same goes for people who frequently work out with heavy weights. It is because all such people tend to sweat pretty often. Sweat leads to the spread of sebum, which makes your hair look and feels dirty.
- Dirt: If dirt, pollen, and dust are a few things that your routine work involves, you will need to wash your hair very frequently. If these things get trapped in your hair daily, they form a build-up that eventually result in dull and dirty hair.
- Hair Styling Products: Hair styling products like hair serum, sprays, gels, wax, etc., gives you the desired hairstyle. But unfortunately, they build up on your scalp. It leads to irritation and damage to your scalp. Therefore, you must wash your hair frequently.
At Jelessi Beaute Bar, our motto is to serve our clients with their beauty needs in the best way possible. With a focus on new emerging trends and also existing ones, we are among the best beauty salons in Las Vegas. We have a team of expert beauticians and hair stylists to guide you to maintain your hair and skin looking beautiful.